Community-driven Health Care
Locals plan, finance and manage their own health care.
While community-based approaches tend to be ‘top-down’ efforts to involve people in a given agenda, Karma’s Community-driven Health Care is a bottom-up stimulus and facilitation for the people to become involved in through their own priorities. It empowers the community to take active/lead role of the intervention.
Community DESIGNS its own model of Health Care.
- Working together in developing the components of the model
- Helping the community in the implementation of Health care
Karma will help establish a new Community Advisory Board to make sure all stakeholders, including the disadvantaged and the forgotten, are included in healthcare management.
Community FINANCES its Health Care
- Municipal investment in its health care
- Other local investments in its health care
The municipality and the locals will be encouraged to invest in a pool to finance the total health care costs.
Community MANAGES its Health Care Delivery
- Strengthened monitoring of health care
- Strengthened management and operations of health care
Local Health Facility Operations and Management Committee will use Community Scorecard (summary displayed as Community Dashboard) to make evidence-based decisions.